Unemployment security and pension

In Finland, all employees has earnings-related pension, accident and unemployment insurance.

The other pension system in Finland, in addition to the earnings-related pension, is the national pension scheme, which guarantees a minimun level of income.

Private pension institutions and the Finnish Centre for Pensions provide the earnings-related pensions.

The accident insurance is provided by private insurance institutions and the Federation of Accident Insurance institutions.

Unemployment insurance and Social security are jointly funded by employers, employees and the State. Employers collect employees’ contribution from their salary. If you are an unemployed jobseeker, is your basic income secured with a daily unemployment allowance (either basic unemployment allowance or earnings-related allowance) or labour market subsidy. To be eligible for the daily unemployment allowance, you must be unemployed and registered as a jobseeker with a TE Office. Contact you nearest office for details.

Aiheeseen liittyvää